Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Love You, Man




Opening March 20, 2009, is
"I Love You, Man".


It's an "adult" comedy about a real estate agent, Peter, who upon recently getting engaged, realizes that he has no male friends close enough to him to bestow the privilege of being his Best Man at his wedding. So, in order to rectify the situation, he arranges a bizarre set of multiple "man-dates". After a good deal of awkward series of events, Peter finally finds Sydney, a charming yet opinionated man that he instantly finds a connection with. The story follows up with the lesson of what it truly means to be a friend.


This flick stars
Paul Rudd (known for his roles in Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall), Jason Segel (known for his roles in Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and sitcom, How I Met Your Mother), and Rashida Jones (known for her role on sitcom, The Office).


I first heard about this movie and saw the trailer while in the theater the first time I saw Taken. It looks somewhat funny but overall looked like a mediocre movie, in my opinion. However, I guess I won't need to worry about debating with friends this month whether or not to see it because (suprisingly) it's rated R. The trailer made it look like a full-proof PG-13 film, but apparently, it's rated R thanks to the pervasive language and crude/sexual refrences it contains.

1 comment:

Maya said...

Jason! the freaks and geeks guy! great show.