Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What Took Me So Long, I ask You

One bride, Three fathers. This should be interesting.


And it was! A couple days ago I finally saw Mama Mia! A movie that hit theaters LAST July. What took you so long to see it??? Well, that's what I'd like to know as well. I know that when I first saw the previews for it last summer on TV, my interest wasn't possessed obviously. Even this past weekend I really didn't have no particular interest or reason for seeing it, but my mom had it laying around her house and there was nothing else to do during the very long, rainy Saturday, so I said why not.


What began as just another movie turned into one of my favorite musicals. As I watched, I noticed the actress, Amanda Seyfried - I know her best for her ditzy role in Mean Girls - stared in the main role, the 20-year-old daughter of well-known actress, Meryl Streep. The movie revolves around Sophie's (Seyfried) wedding. Prior to the wedding, Sophie invites three men her mother (Streep) had previous relationships with...all around the same time Sophie was conceived. The day before the wedding, all three of Sophie's "fathers" (Stellan Skarsgard, Pierce Brosnan, & Colin Firth) arrive to Sophie's excitement and her mother's dismay. The movie is filled with upbeat music and tons of fun. I'd reccomend it as a family movie/musical, for sure.


Even though the movie was fantastic, the actual musical is said to be so much more. Reviews call it a "
solid gold production".

No comments: