Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Tad Late...Blame Turnabout

So, yes I know, I was supposed to post this as soon as I got home from seeing Slumdog Millionaire, but I got home later than I expected and yesterday I was extremely busy getting ready for Turnabout.

All excuses aside, I am back and am proud to say I LOVED Slumdog Millionaire. It was brilliantly written and kept my undivided attention for the entire 2 hours. I can fully understand why this movie was rated R. Besides the occasional foul language, the material was definitely for a mature audience and there were some scenes that involved torture and violence that were disturbing. However, the shots were clean and brought out the true emotion in the movie.

After watching the trailer on
Youtube, I read some of the comments the users left and was appauled at how many ignorant people left comments like "A movie about Who Wants to Be A Millionaire won 8 Oscars? I'll take a pass" and "India isn't even like this" and "A Bollywood film won best picture? You've got to be kidding me". It's obvious these people haven't even watched the movie, otherwise they'd know that

1.) The whole purpose of this movie IS NOT just about the main character becoming a millionaire, but about the events in his life that got him there and the life he had to go through.

2.) This is the SLUMS of India. Yeah, most of India is not as portrayed in the movie, but where the movie takes place is in the poor side of the country.

3.) This isn't even a Bollywood movie! It was made by the English with an Indian cast and there's one Bollywood dance at the end during the credits. (Which, was quite entertaining and pretty amazing, in my opinion)



So, let me just sum it all up for you all.

This movie was excellent!
People should definitely give it a try,
I recommend it.

Slumdog Millionaire totally deserved the Oscar for Best Picture this year.



And I ask you, what's with all the controversy?

1 comment:

Maya said...

AMAAAZING MOVIE! 5 STARS! I LOVE ME SOME DAV!