Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Zac Efron in a Movie Other Than HSM?!! NO WAY

It's True. The heart throb of pre-teen girls this decade is renewing himself in a movie that GASP is rated PG-13 and EVEN BIGGER GASP isn't a Disney production, but a new film from New Line Cinema!



Personally, I think, from the looks of the trailer...the movie doesn't look half bad. When I first saw that Zac Efron was to star in a movie this April titled "17 Again", my immediate assumptions were that
1. It was going to be another Disney flick

2. It was going to be a re-make of Disney Channel movie, "Seventeen Again" released back in 2000

3. It was going to be an utter waste of film



However, I think I was wrong. Just the fact that the movie is from New Line Cinema and not Disney is a pretty big pull factor for me. Also, seeing as the movie is officially rated PG-13 for language, some sexual material, and teen partying makes it even more intriguing.



But anyway, on to the synopsis:
Mike (played by Matthew Perry) finds his life is not exactly what he expected. He is separated from his wife, Scarlett (Leslie Mann) and living with his best friend Ned Freedman (Thomas Lennon, who also has a part in I Love You, Man - haha), his career at a pharmaceutical company is at a stand still, and his relationships with his teenage children are nonexistent. Through a series of events, Mike finds himself turning back to his 17-year-old self (played by Zac Efron) and reliving his high school days when he realizes he hasn't been the best husband or father.


This fresh comedy brings you good family morals and a lot of amusing acting from Efron
I'm not sure if my friends will want to see this, just knowing that Zac Efron stars in it (but don't get me wrong. We're not like ANTI-EFRON haters, we're simply not fans), but hey, at least I can get my mom to go see it with me. (^_^)

No comments: